Clinical Medical Technician with Externship
Clinical Medical Technicians are one of the fastest growing professions in healthcare, which is already one of the fastest growing industries. Clinical Medical Technicians earn this by being highly skilled in several of the most important aspects of patient care. Clinical Medical Technicians work in many different healthcare environments including outpatient or ambulatory care facilities, medical offices and clinics, and hospitals. 2016 surveys put the median income for Clinical Medical Technicians at $46,000 per year, and a job growth rate of 16% per year, one of the highest growth rates of any profession.
What’s in this program? This program helps students master the three medical skill sets that make up CMTs:
1.- Clinical Medical Assistant-covers preparing patients for examination and testing, collecting cultures and specimens from patients, and instructing patients on treatment, medication, and diet. It may also include administering the medications and maintaining medical histories.
2.- Phlebotomy Technician-covers drawing blood from patients, preparing those samples, and sometimes performing basic laboratory tests.
3.- Electrocardiogram Technician-covers using specialized equipment to measure and monitor heart conditions.
Included Certifications! Included in your program tuition is the preparation material and exam vouchers for the National Healthcareer Association’s (NHA) Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Certification, Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Certification, and EKG Technician (CET) Certification.
This program includes an optional clinical externship at a local healthcare provider! This will give you invaluable hands-on experience. Additional fees may apply for a background check, drug test and other externship site testing requirements. Fees will be paid by the student at the time of placement in the optional externship.
Summary: Great pay, in high demand, and skills that can lead to specialized work in the future, if you want to continue a career path toward becoming a cardiovascular technician, a dialysis technician, a laboratory technician, or a surgical technician.
Upon successful completion of this program, learners will display proficiency in the following areas:
• Clinical Medical Assistant’s responsibilities and duties
• Medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and circulation of the heart and blood vessels
• Care and safety of patients, medical and legal aspects of care, and confidentiality and HIPAA
• Effective verbal and non-verbal communication
• Aseptic techniques, infection prevention, universal precautions, proper use and disposal of biohazards and sharps
• Documentation of patient medical histories, updating patient medical files, taking and documenting vital signs
• Phlebotomy, venipunctures and capillary sampling, collecting specimens and point of care testing
• Heel puncture, protocol, practice, and syringe draws
• Respiratory, pneumonia and TB isolation protocol
• Laboratory skills
• Electrophysiology, the conduction system of the heart, and the cardiac cycle
• Lead placement for 12-lead electrocardiography
• Basic EKG interpretation of normal rhythms and arrhythmias
• Holter monitoring and the echocardiogram
Clinical Medical Technicians serve as an important cog in the elaborate framework that is the modern hospital or clinic. This program is targeted at individuals who are seeking a rewarding career in the healthcare field. This program is ideal for individuals with no previous healthcare experience as well as individuals working in healthcare who wish to further their knowledge, skills, and potentially advance their career. This program is also targeted at individuals working in the healthcare field that are looking to advance their career by obtaining their national certification.
Included with this program, students receive exam vouchers for the following national certifications from National Healthcareer Association's (NHA)
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) national certification exam
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) certification exam
Certified EKG Technician (CET) certification exam.
This program is supported by an expert educational mentor, Patrice Arevalo. Patrice has a degree in medical assisting from The Career College of Northern Nevada as well as a degree in dental assisting from the Community College of the Air Force. She is available to provide guidance and motivation for learners throughout the duration of this program. As an expert mentor, she will provide answers to learner questions, monitor learner's program progression, and review lesson and program quiz/test results.
Included in this program are the following textbooks:
• Clinical Medical Assisting: Foundations and Practice
• EKG Technician Program Standard, Custom Edition Package - Book package includes EKG Technician Program PowerPoint Slides
• EKG Technician Program Standard Student Workbook
• EKG Technician Program Advanced, Custom Edition Package - Book package includes EKG Technician Program: Advanced PowerPoint Slides
• Phlebotomy Handbook: Blood Specimen Collection From Basic to Advanced, 8e
•Phlebotomy Technician Program Student Workbook, Custom Edition
- Certification included
- Image URL
- Training Plan URL