Website Short Description
This course provides an overview of the human anatomy and physiology, kinesiology and pathology, expanding your understanding of the human body as a health care professional, and improving how you can communicate to clients about their bodies and their needs. The course also covers selected major pathologies, including disease definitions and causes, signs and symptoms, diagnostic procedures, and possible treatments. The course teaches basic kinesiology principles as they apply to musculoskeletal
anatomy and neuromuscular physiology, emphasizing practical applications for hands-on practice, biomechanics applications for activities of daily living, and whole-body patterns in posture and gait.
Though this program is a self-paced program it is supported by an educational mentor. Educational mentors are subject matter experts who have years of experience in their field as well as the necessary educational training and credentials to work as an expert. The mentor is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Mentors also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement. In eLearning, motivation is a key tool to success. Because of this, mentors provide encouraging comments, feedback, and coaching to motivate learners throughout the duration of the program to support completion and success!
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Adobe PDF Reader
- Certification included